MS Vesterålen is named after the first Hurtigruten ship that sailed along Norway´s rugged coastline in 1893. She is one of our smaller boats and has an intimate on-board atmosphere.
Decks and cabins
Our cosy Polar inside cabins are on all decks and include bathrooms with shower/WC, separate beds, one of which doubles as a sofa, or upper and lower berths. All the cabins have individual specifications.
Our Polar outside cabins on the middle or lower decks all have bathrooms with shower/WC. Most of the cabins offer separate beds (one of which is a sofa bed) or upper and lower berths. All the cabins have individual specifications.
The Classic Roundtrip Voyage
- Discover our entire original coastal route with 34 ports of call, sailing past more than 100 fjords and 1,000 mountains
- Cross the Arctic Circle and hunt the Northern Lights in winter, or enjoy 24 hours of daylight under the Midnight Sun in summer
- Spring and Autumn voyages showcase the brilliant colours, magical light and fascinating culture of Arctic Norway
- Wide choice of optional excursions and onboard Hurtigruten Guides who lead included activities and interpret the cultural and natural treasures on your voyage
Classic Voyage South
- Experience the natural wonder of Lofoten
- Explore the beautiful and exciting Norwegian coastline
- Search for the Northern Lights in winter, and the Midnight Sun in summer
- Join exciting sea and land-based activities
Classic Voyage North
- Discover countless fjords, mountains, islands and waterfalls
- Cross the Arctic Circle to hunt the Northern Lights in winter, and enjoy around the clock daylight under the Midnight Sun in summer
- Enjoy adventurous and exciting land and sea excursions
- Learn from our Hurtigruten Guides as they lead lectures and activities both at sea and on shore