Northeast US and Atlantic Canada – Fall Foliage (MS Fram)
Duration: 8 days
Ship: MS Fram
18 September 2020
Price from : $ 3435 per personCheck prices and availability
- Discover the beautiful coast of Canada and New England
- Experience the small-town charm of Nova Scotia and Maine
- Walking and hiking opportunities
- Sailing into the New York Harbor past the Statue of Liberty
Historic Halifax was long settled by the native Mi'kmaq peoples before being founded in 1749 as a British military outpost. The town combines rich cultural life with areas of natural beauty like Peggy’s Cove. Spend some time exploring before embarking on MS Fram to sail south along the North American coast.
A lovely historic town built on shipbuilding and trade, Yarmouth boasts fine Victorian homes, museums, churches, wharfs and other hidden gems. Stroll the town and meet the friendly locals or sample some of the freshest seafood in the world. The area around Cape Forchu provides seaside walking trails with stunning views.
IncludedYarmouth Walking TourEnjoy a leisurely exploration of this historic town on your own time to enjoy the day as you please.
Yarmouth - Tusket IslandWhat is better than a day at sea en route to one of the quaintest inhabited islands in southern Nova Scotia?
Yarmouth - Traditions of AcadiaJoin us on a half-day adventure that takes you to the seaside town of Pubnico where you will experience L’ Acadie, the historic Acadian village of Nova Scotia.
We sail into cozy Eastport on Moose Island. The native Passamaquoddy Tribe has called the area home for at least 10.000 years. In 1833, Eastport grew to be the second-largest trading port after New York. Enjoy the historic waterfront on foot, join our team for a hike or opt for a day on the water.
Adventure, romance, rocky coast, and soaring granite cliffs … there is a special mystique to Bar Harbor. Surrounded by the stunning fall colours of Acadia National Park and perched on the edge of the sea, this little community offers so much to see.
IncludedBar Harbor - Gilded Age Walking tourOn this exciting walking tour, you'll travel back to the 19th century, when Bar Harbor was the world's most exclusive resort.
Bar Harbor - Lulu Lobster Boat RideStep aboard an authentic lobster boat and ply the calm waters of Frenchman Bay to experience Maine’s timeless tradition of commercial lobstering first-hand.
Acadia National ParkPass through the quaint town of Bar Harbor on your way to Acadia National Park and enjoy the views along Park Loop Road.
Next, we come to Rockland, a beautiful coastal town situated alongside Penobscot Bay. Rockland is known for its lobster-fishing industry and deep harbor, dotted with hundreds of inlets and coves. Downtown Rockland’s historic homes and charming shops feature great architecture. Farnsworth Art Museum and Wyeth Center are worth a visit.
IncludedRockland - Breakwater lighthouse with nature walkShuttle to Breakwater - Rockland Harbor Breakwater Light is a historic lighthouse complex at the end of the Rockland Breakwater in the harbor of Rockland, Maine.
Rockland - Birdwatching in the WetlandsThe perfect tour for birders, we explore three different habitats in the Rockland area in search of birdlife.
Rockland - Camden Historical Walking Tour and Lobster BoatEnjoy a historical walking tour of fascinating Camden followed by a harbour cruise in a traditional lobster fishing boat.
Camden Hills State Park – Hike Bald Rock MountainEnjoy this moderately challenging hike in Camden Hills State Park, Maine, where you can enjoy panoramic views of the surrounding area and connect with nature on the north-east coast of North America.
Rockland Harbor Kayak TourThis is an excellent tour for beginners to get a feel for what sea kayaking is all about.
Colourful Provincetown is situated on the extreme tip of the Peninsula of Cape Cod and is surrounded by ample beaches. In 1620, the pilgrims aboard the Mayflower set anchor at what is today Provincetown Harbor. Its historic maritime character and art scene attract visitors all year around.
IncludedTrolley Tour of ProvincetownExplore the sights and sounds of Provincetown from the comfort of the Mayflower trolley
Newport is a shining gem in the crown of New England, home to spectacular coastal scenery, awe-inspiring architecture, a thriving waterfront downtown, and welcoming hospitality. Discover Newport’s downtown and stroll iconic Ocean Drive, discover Colonial architecture or explore the tunnels at Fort Adams – America’s largest coastal fortification.
IncludedNewport - Cliff WalkExperience New England’s rocky shore and crashing surf on one side and Newport’s most extravagant mansions on the other
Newport - City Drive and the BreakersEnjoy a city tour of Newport and visit The Breakers, the iconic and grand Vanderbilt family summer home.
Newport - Rose Island Lighthouse & Harbour CruiseEnjoy a scenic Newport harbour cruise to nearby Rose Island. Explore the fully restored lighthouse and see remains of 200-year old Fort Hamilton - now an important wildlife sanctuary.
Newport - Newport Scenic & Fort AdamsEnjoy a scenic tour of Newport, visiting many historical sites including a stop at Fort Adams.
Early in the morning, we sail into Manhattan, passing the iconic Statue of Liberty. Enjoy the skyline of the famed metropolis before we say farewell. We recommend staying a few days in the city that never sleeps to get the most out of one of the most exciting cities in the world.
Included in your voyage
- Hurtigruten Expedition Cruise in cabin grade of your choice
EVERYTHING YOU NEED FOR AN ADVENTURE
- A rich programme of included activities on all voyages designed to immerse you in the destinations you visit, including onshore exploration with the Expedition Team
- Professional English-speaking Expedition Team - an international handpicked team of highly educated experts of various academic fields with profound knowledge of the region we sail in
- Complimentary wind- and water-resistant jacket
- Loan of boots, trekking poles, and equipment needed for optional and included activities
ENGAGING ONBOARD ACTIVITIES AND EDUCATION
- In-depth lectures on science, history, biology, geography, geology or culture that provide context to your voyage and help you understand the destinations you will experience
- Explorer Science programme, with educational and Citizen Science activities that let you learn about the sights you’ll see while contributing to research
- Introduction photo lecture, camera adjustment and tips & tricks, photo and film footage from the voyage shared in an Expedition Logbook
- Casual opportunities to engage with the Expedition Team and other guests, including a welcome event, daily gatheringsto recap the day and prepare for the day to come
- Opportunities to dine and interact with the Expedition Team and officers
- Destination-focused onboard library
- Port presentations providing destination insight
- A farewell event
PREMIUM ONBOARD COMFORT
- All meals including beverages (ship beer and wine, sodas and mineral water in all restaurants)
- Coffee and tea included throughout the day
- Early riser and afternoon treat offered in addition to breakfast, lunch and dinner
- A la carte restaurant (only for suite guests)
- Gym, hot tubs and panoramic sauna
- Free Wi-fi on board for all guests. Be aware that we sail in remote areas with limited connection. Streaming is not supported.
- No gratuities expected
Not included in your voyage
- International flights
- Optional shore excursions with our local partners
- Travel insurance
- Luggage handling
- Visa for USA (ESTA) and Canada (ETA) - for details please see Visa information in Entry requirements
|Year of refurbishment||2020|
|Passenger capacity||318 (200 in Antarctica)|
|Gross tonnage||11 647 T|
The original Fram was the most famous explorer ship of its time, and the achievements of her expeditions are unparalleled. MS Fram brings on the heritage of the original Fram, using the most advanced technology to make her exceptionally well suited for expedition voyages in Polar Regions.
Some expedition cruises may include excursions that can be reserved for no additional charge. These included excursions can often be combined with other excursions available in port.
Please note excursions are subject to change and are not yet available for booking for departures after March 2021.
Yarmouth - Yarmouth Walking Tour
Yarmouth - Tusket Island
Yarmouth - Traditions of Acadia
Bar Harbor - Gilded Age Walking tour
Bar Harbor – Lulu Lobster Boat Ride
Bar Harbor - Acadia National Park
Rockland - Breakwater lighthouse with nature walk
Rockland – Birdwatching in the Wetlands
Rockland - Camden Historical Walking Tour and Lobster Boat
Rockland - Camden Hill State Park
Rockland - Rockland Harbor Kayak Tour
Provincetown - Trolley Tour of Provincetown
Newport - Cliff Walk
Newport – City Drive and the Breakers
Newport – Rose Island Lighthouse & Harbour Cruise
Newport – Newport Scenic & Fort Adams
Rockland – Camden Hills State Park – Hike Bald Rock Mountain
Extend your cruise
Get more out of your journey by adding a Pre- or Post-programme before or after your expedition cruise.