Discover picturesque fjords, majestic glaciers, mountain peaks and thrilling wildlife on an awe-inspiring expedition to High Arctic islands.
The world’s northernmost town
Your expedition starts in Longyearbyen, the town on top of the world. Get a taste of what it feels like to live this far north as you meet the resilient residents of this unique settlement. From here, we take in the stunning terrain of North West Spitsbergen National Park. Explore picturesque fjords, steep mountains and beautiful offshore islands while searching the landscape for wildlife.
A lonely volcano
Jan Mayen is Norway’s most isolated island, and at 7,470 ft. High the skyline-dominating Mt. Beerenberg is the world’s most northerly active volcano. Visits to Jan Mayen are rare due to the often-unruly seas and weather, and we are one of the few to attempt landings. From here, we’ll set sail for Akureyri, the lively ‘northern capital’ of Iceland.
The land of ice and fire.
Discover Grimsey, home to large colonies of Atlantic Puffins. You’ll soak up the slow-paced life of remote fishing villages like Patreksfjördur and Stykkishólmur before exploring their scenic surroundings. Your journey then ends in vibrant Reykjavik where you’ll be just hours away from Iceland’s famous lagoons, geysers, hot springs and waterfalls.
Day 1Oslo / Longyearbyen
From 59º N to 78º N
Lively Frontier Town in the High Arctic
Day 3-6North West Spitsbergen National Park
On the Look-out for Polar Bears in Svalbard
Day 7At sea
A Relaxing Day at Sea
Day 8Jan Mayen Island
The Isolated Arctic Island with an Active Volcano
Day 9At sea
A Relaxing Day at Sea
Capital of Northern Iceland
Step Across the Arctic Circle
West of the Westfjords
Welcome to Sagaland
The End of the Adventure
Current offers on this cruise:
Onboard CreditBook a Hurtigruten Expedition and receive from $200 up to $1,500* Onboard Credit per cabin.*Up to $1,500 OBC is based on two passengers travelling on selected twin cabins to Antarctica between October 2022 and March 2023.Book your adventure today
Book with confidence on all 2022 departuresWe have relaxed our booking conditions to give you confidence, peace of mind and security in this uncertain time due to Covid.Read more and book
Included in your voyage
- Flight in economy classfrom Oslo to Longyearbyen.
- Overnight in Longyearbyen before the expedition cruise, including breakfastand lunch
- All transfers in Longyearbyen including an excursion before the expedition cruise
- Expedition cruise in a cabin of your choice
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner including beverages (house beer and wine, sodas, and mineral water) in restaurant Aune
- À la carte restaurant Lindstrøm included for suite guests
- Complimentary tea and coffee
- Complimentary Wi-Fi on board. Please note there is very limited Wi-Fi and phone signal in the remote areas we travel to and streaming is not supported. When in Svalbard, there is no Wi-Fi or mobile coverage except in Longyearbyen or Barentsburg.
- Complimentary reusable water bottle to use at water refill stations on board
- English-speaking Expedition Team who organise and accompany activities on board and ashore
- Range of included activities
- Experts on the Expedition Team deliver in-depth lectures on a variety of topics
- Use of the ship’s Science Center which has an extensive library and advanced biological and geological microscopes
- Citizen Science programme allows guests to assist with live scientific research
- Professional onboard photographer gives top tips and tricks for the best landscape and wildlife photos
- Use of the ship’s hot tubs, sauna, indoor gym
- Informal gatherings with the crew such as daily recaps and preparation for the day to come
- Escorted landings with small expedition boats
- Loan of boots, trekking poles, and all equipment for activities
- Complimentary wind and water-resistant expedition jacket
- Expedition Photographers help with your camera settings
Not included in your voyage
- International flights
- Travel insurance
- Luggage handling
- Optional shore excursions with our local partners
- Optional small-group activities with our Expedition Team
- All planned activities are subject to weather and ice conditions
- Excursions and activities are subject to change
- Please ensure you meet all visa entry requirements
- No gratuities expected
|Year of refurbishment||2020|
|Passenger capacity||250 (200 in Antarctica)|
|Gross tonnage||11 647 T|
The original Fram was the most famous explorer ship of its time, and the achievements of her expeditions are unparalleled. MS Fram brings on the heritage of the original Fram, using the most advanced technology to make her exceptionally well suited for expedition voyages in Polar Regions.