Voyage from Iceland to Greenland’s remote east coast and experience the wildlife and epic grandeur of the world’s largest national park and wilderness fjord system.
The majesty of East Greenland
From Reykjavik, we sail across the Denmark Strait to the spectacular east coast of Greenland. Our first destination is Scoresbysund, an immense system of fjords and glaciers that fans out over 24,000 square miles. You’ll spend the next four days exploring this vast pristine region.
Placid dark waters reflect the soaring mountains around us as we seek out whales and other marine wildlife, including seals which can sometimes be spotted relaxing on ice floes. Look out for avian life including Brünnich's Guillemots, Snowy Owls and Greenlandic Gyrfalcons.
The largest national park in the world
Next, we explore the Northeast Greenland National Park, an International Biosphere Reserve. Visitor numbers are limited in this 375,000 square mile wilderness region, and Hurtigruten’s expertise and experience means you’ll be one of the lucky few to experience this Arctic Eden.
In the absence of people, wildlife abounds in this peaceful haven, and you might see Arctic hares, muskoxen and even polar bears. The waters are filled with sparkling blue-hued icebergs, and you’ll get up close to nature on guided walks and kayak trips. This expedition cruise to one of the most remote places on the planet will be an unforgettable experience.
Day 1Reykjavik, Iceland
Capital of Iceland
Day 2At sea
Crossing the Denmark Strait
Day 3-7Scoresbysund fjord
Largest Fjord on Earth
Day 8-11North East Greenland National Park
The Largest National Park in the World
Day 12Irminger Sea
Heading Back to Iceland
The Stylish Capital of Iceland
Current offers on this cruise:
Onboard CreditBook a Hurtigruten Expedition and receive from $200 up to $1,500* Onboard Credit per cabin.*Up to $1,500 OBC is based on two passengers travelling on selected twin cabins to Antarctica between October 2022 and March 2023.Book your adventure today
Book with confidence on all 2022 departuresWe have relaxed our booking conditions to give you confidence, peace of mind and security in this uncertain time due to Covid.Read more and book
Included in your voyage
- Expedition cruise in a cabin of your choice
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner including beverages (house beer and wine, sodas, and mineral water) in restaurant Aune
- À la carte restaurant Lindstrøm included for suite guests
- Complimentary tea and coffee
- Complimentary Wi-Fi on board. Be aware that we sail in remote areas with limited connection. Streaming is not supported.
- Complimentary reusable water bottle to use at water refill stations on board
- English-speaking Expedition Team who organise and accompany activities on board and ashore
- Range of included excursions
- Experts on the Expedition Team deliver in-depth lectures on a variety of topics
- Use of the ship’s Science Center which has an extensive library and advanced biological and geological microscopes
- Citizen Science programme allows guests to assist with live scientific research
- Professional onboard photographer gives top tips and tricks for the best landscape and wildlife photos
- Use of the ship’s hot tubs, panoramic sauna, indoor gym
- Informal gatherings with the crew such as daily recaps and preparation for the day to come
- Escorted landings with small expedition boats
- Loan of boots, trekking poles, and all equipment for activities
- Complimentary wind and water-resistant expedition jacket
- Expedition Photographers help with your camera settings before landings
Not included in your voyage
- International flights
- Travel insurance
- Luggage handling
- Optional shore excursions with our local partners
- Optional small-group activities with our Expedition Team
- All planned activities are subject to weather and ice conditions
- Excursions and activities are subject to change
- Please make sure you meet all entry and boarding requirements
- No gratuities expected
MS Fridtjof Nansen
|Shipyard||Kleven Yards, Norway|
|Passenger capacity||528 (500 in Antarctica)|
|Gross tonnage||20 889 T|
MS Fridtjof Nansen is the latest addition to Hurtigruten’s fleet of custom built ships – and the next generation expedition ship. She will explore some of the most spectacular corners of the globe.