- Day 1 Miami, Florida, USA
- Day 2 Key West, USA
- Day 3-4 At sea
- Day 5 Belize City, Belize
- Day 6 Lighthouse Reef, Belize
- Day 7 Isla de Útila, Honduras
- Day 8 Cayos Cochinos, Honduras
- Day 9 Trujillo
- Day 10 At sea
- Day 11 Isla de Providencia
- Day 12 Corn Islands, Nicaragua
- Day 13 Bocas del Toro, Panama
- Day 14 At Sea
- Day 15 San Blas Island, Panama
- Day 16 Colón
Your expedition starts in Miami’s cocktail of cultures that blends vibes from Latin America, the Caribbean, Asia and Europe. The architecture is also part of the greatest collection of art deco buildings in the world. Start your trip early with an optional Pre-Programme to explore more of what Miami offers.
The southernmost island in the Florida Keys and only 140 kilometres from Cuba, laid-back Key West is perfect for a day of exploration. Take a stroll amidst courtyards, gardens, and 19th century architecture in Old Town. Don’t forget to visit the Ernest Hemmingway House Museum.
IncludedKey West - Old Town TrolleyA one hour private tour on the Conch Tour Train or Old Town Trolley is the best way to see the charming Southernmost City.
Key West Mangrove Eco TourEscape the ordinary - only 15 minutes from busy downtown Key West. Visit the pristine paradise of Geiger Key.
Key West - Best of Food Walking Tour and Mojito WorkshopEnjoy the ‘best of’ Key West during this foodie walking tour.
Key West - Historic Walking Tour and Hemingway’s HouseWelcome to Key West. Stroll along lively Duval Street with a guide and experience local energy as you make your way to the Ernest Hemingway Home and Museum.
The Expedition Team will recap the voyage so far and prepare you for the next few days of the expedition which will be full of tropical island experiences. Spend time on deck and look for seabirds or other marine wildlife or make the most of the pleasant weather with an invigorating yoga workshop.
The cityscape here features handsome colonial houses, seaside parks, and busy shopping areas. Cross the Belize City Swing Bridge, browse art shops, or visit the museum to learn more about the country’s Mayan legacy. Join an excursion to the Lamanai temple in the surrounding jungle and maybe sight crocodiles, fruit bats, spider monkeys, and herons.
We land at the uninhabited Half Moon Caye island in the Lighthouse Reef, the most remote of the atolls. The island is Belize’s oldest bird sanctuary and the only nesting site in the region for red-footed boobies. It is also the country’s first marine protected area, home to endangered loggerhead, hawksbill, and green turtles.
At just 13km long and 5km wide, Utila is the smallest of the Bay Islands. The town of Utila is the island´s only settlement, set on a curving bay with two short beaches. The island forms part of the second-largest barrier reef system in the world and is home to gentle whale sharks up to six-metres long.
This archipelago is strictly protected and no commercial fishing is allowed. There aren’t even any roads, cars, or motorbikes. This high level of preservation has left the waters here with the healthiest and most pristine marine life in the Bay Islands. It is quite possibly the most beautiful place in all of Honduras.
Easily explored on foot, Trujillo enjoys white beaches and views of soaring mountains. Visit the three Garífuna fishing villages, meet the welcoming indigenous people, and try gifitti, a traditional drink. The old Fortress of Santa Barbara overlooks the bay and a museum recounts the area’s eventful history from Christopher Columbus to pirates and banana companies.
Join the Expedition Team for interesting lectures, learn the basics of expedition photography, and spend time out on deck enjoying the fresh sea air as you scout for wildlife. Continue your yoga routine and unwind with a guided meditation.
This tiny Colombian island in the Spanish Caribbean is a rare and unspoiled find off the grid. Tour the deserted golden beaches by buggy cart or go in search of pirate Henry Morgan’s hidden treasure. The diverse coral reefs are the centre point of UNESCO’s Seaflower Biosphere Reserve, and kaleidoscopic marine life inspires the above nickname.
IncludedProvidencia - Cultural ShowWith influences from Latin America, Africa and the Antilles the music of Providencia is of la socca, calypso, mento, foxtrot, Jumping Polka, Shoteische and pasillo!
Adventure to the PeakThis is a tour to the highest mountain of the island and a nature reserve.
Providencia - Snorkeling TourIsla de Providencia is at the heart of UNESCO's Seaflower Biosphere, which cover approximately 10 percent of the entire Caribbean. Among the features protected by the biosphere is Providencia's coral reef— 32 kilometres (20 miles) long and one of the largest reefs in the western hemisphere.
Providencia - Island TourThe tour starts with a guided walk across the pedestrian bridge to the beautiful island of Santa Catalina. The footpath leads past mangroves and guests will learn about the mangrove ecosystem.
Most of the Creole population live in colourful wooden houses on Great Corn, engaging in lobster fishing. Hike up Mount Pleasant Hill for views of the coves and stunning horseshoe bays. Pristine coral reefs surround both islands, tantalising snorkelers with the likes of barracudas, nurse sharks, hammerheads, green sea turtles, and spotted eagle rays.
Bocas del Toro is a stunning archipelago brimming with deserted sandy beaches, teeming coral reefs, and lush rainforest. It is home to Panama's first National Marine Park and one of the most biologically diverse places on Earth. This `Galápagos of the Caribbean´ supports wildlife such as manatees, dolphins, turtles, sloths, monkeys, and iguanas.
Bocas del Toro - Sustainable Cacao FarmGreat views and chocolate tasting with a “feel good” factor! Enjoy a short boat tour and brief hike to the beautiful and fascinating Bocas Sustainable Farm.
Bocas del Toro - Cayo ZapatillaVisit the picturesque Zapatilla Cay – the setting for numerous episodes of the “Survivor” series. Enjoy the white sand beaches and fine coral for snorkelling as we scan for exotic wildlife.
Cacao Farm & Indigenous CommunityGet a taste of life in a Ngabe village, learn about organic cacao and enjoy a delicious chocolate tasting as you support the local community.
Use the Science Center’s state-of-the-art microscopes to observe the tiniest creatures in samples taken during the voyage. The Expedition Team never run out of interesting subjects to lecture about. Make sure you don’t miss today’s yoga session: healthy body, healthy mind. If weather permits, we will hold our guided meditation class outside under the stars.
More than 365 cayes, islands and reefs make up the San Blas Islands. Only 49 are inhabited, exclusively by Guna Yala Indians, who protect their islands by only accepting ecologically friendly tourism and shunning mass market cruise ships. Try fresh red snapper with coconut rice and a Coco-Loco drink, before relaxing in a beach-side hammock.
This wonderful voyage ends here at the Caribbean entrance to the Panama Canal. Colón’s Canal Expansion Observation Center has viewing platforms over the locks and Gatún Lake. There is also a vast duty-free zone for some serious shopping. After saying farewell to MS Fram, add on a few extra nights with a Post-Programme to explore even more.
Included in your voyage
- Expedition cruise in a cabin of your choice
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner including beverages (house beer and wine, sodas, and mineral water) in restaurant Aune
- À la carte restaurant Lindstrømincluded for suite guests
- Complimentary tea and coffee
- Complimentary Wi-Fi on board. Be aware that we sail in remote areas with limited connection. Streaming is not supported.
- Complimentary reusable water bottle to use at water refill stations on board
- English-speaking Expedition Team who organise and accompany activities on board and ashore
- Range of included excursions
- Experts on the Expedition Team deliver in-depth lectures on a variety of topics
- Use of the ship’s Science Centerwhich has an extensive library and advanced biological and geological microscopes
- Citizen Scienceprogramme allows guests to assist with live scientific research
- Professional onboard photographer gives top tips and tricks for the best landscape and wildlife photos
- Use of the ship’s hot tubs, panoramic sauna, indoor gym
- Yoga and meditation sessions with an instructor
- Informal gatherings with the crew such as daily recaps and preparation for the day to come
- Escorted landings with small expedition boats
- Loan of boots, trekking poles, and all equipment for activities
- Complimentary wind and water-resistant expedition jacket
- Expedition Photographers help with your camera settings before landings
Not included in your voyage
- International flights
- Travel insurance
- Luggage handling
- Optional shore excursions with our local partners
- Optional small-group activities with our Expedition Team
- All planned activities are subject to weather conditions
- Excursions and activities are subject to change
- Please ensure you meet all visa entry requirements
- On this trip, a vaccine against yellow fever is required. The vaccination must be done at least 10 days before departure. Please bring the vaccination certificate on your voyage. For details, please see entry requirements
- No gratuities expected
|Year of refurbishment||2020|
|Passenger capacity||318 (200 in Antarctica)|
|Gross tonnage||11 647 T|
The original Fram was the most famous explorer ship of its time, and the achievements of her expeditions are unparalleled. MS Fram brings on the heritage of the original Fram, using the most advanced technology to make her exceptionally well suited for expedition voyages in Polar Regions.
Some expedition cruises include excursions that can be reserved for no additional charge. These included excursions can often be combined with other excursions available in port.
Please note excursions are subject to change and are not yet available for booking for departures after March 2021.
Key West - Old Town Trolley
Key West - Key West Mangrove Eco Tour
Key West – Best of Food Walking Tour and Mojito Workshop
Key West – Historic Walking Tour and Hemingway’s House
Providencia - Cultural Show
Providencia - Adventure to the Peak
Providencia – Snorkeling Tour
Providencia - Island Tour
Bocas del Toro - Sustainable Cacao Farm
Bocas del Toro - Cayo Zapatilla
Bocas del Toro - Cacao Farm & Indigenous Community
Extend your cruise
Get more out of your journey by adding a Pre- or Post-programme before or after your expedition cruise.