Panama City is much more than just the entrance to its famous canal. Visit the ruins of Old Panama City, devastated by pirate Henry Morgan. Hike to Ancón Hill and enjoy views of the skyscraper-lined cityscape and of the Casco Antiguo district which boasts a real mix of architectural styles. Spend the night in your centrally located hotel.
After breakfast at your hotel, you’ll go on a guided city tour. Colón’s Canal Expansion Observation Center has viewing platforms over the locks and Gatún Lake. After that we will visit Gaboa Rainforest resort for a fun adventure. At the end of the tour, we embark on MS Fram.
Most of the Creole population live in colourful wooden houses on Great Corn, engaging in lobster fishing. Hike up Mount Pleasant Hill for views of the coves and stunning horseshoe bays. Pristine coral reefs surround both islands, tantalising snorkelers with the likes of barracudas, nurse sharks, hammerheads, green sea turtles, and spotted eagle rays.
This tiny Colombian island in the Spanish Caribbean is a rare and unspoiled find off the grid. Tour the deserted golden beaches by buggy cart or go in search of pirate Henry Morgan’s hidden treasure. The diverse coral reefs are the centre point of UNESCO’s Seaflower Biosphere Reserve, and kaleidoscopic marine life inspires the above nickname.
IncludedProvidencia - Cultural ShowWith influences from Latin America, Africa and the Antilles the music of Providencia is of la socca, calypso, mento, foxtrot, Jumping Polka, Shoteische and pasillo!
Adventure to the PeakThis is a tour to the highest mountain of the island and a nature reserve.
Providencia - Snorkeling TourIsla de Providencia is at the heart of UNESCO's Seaflower Biosphere, which cover approximately 10 percent of the entire Caribbean. Among the features protected by the biosphere is Providencia's coral reef— 32 kilometres (20 miles) long and one of the largest reefs in the western hemisphere.
Providencia - Island TourThe tour starts with a guided walk across the pedestrian bridge to the beautiful island of Santa Catalina. The footpath leads past mangroves and guests will learn about the mangrove ecosystem.
Days at sea are yours to enjoy. The Expedition Team will continue the series of lectures about history and biology. Spend time out on deck enjoying the Caribbean breeze and spotting marine wildlife and sea birds. We may also make the most of the warm weather for outdoor yoga and meditation sessions.
At just 13km long and 5km wide, Utila is the smallest of the Bay Islands. The town of Utila is the island´s only settlement, set on a curving bay with two short beaches. The island forms part of the second-largest barrier reef system in the world and is home to gentle whale sharks up to six-metres long.
The cityscape here features handsome colonial houses, seaside parks, and busy shopping areas. Cross the Belize City Swing Bridge, browse art shops, or visit the museum to learn more about the country’s Mayan legacy. Join an excursion to the Lamanai temple in the surrounding jungle and maybe sight crocodiles, fruit bats, spider monkeys, and herons.
We land at the uninhabited Half Moon Caye island in the Lighthouse Reef, the most remote of the atolls. The island is Belize’s oldest bird sanctuary and the only nesting site in the region for red-footed boobies. It is also the country’s first marine protected area, home to endangered loggerhead, hawksbill and green turtles.
Join the Expedition Team for interesting lectures, learn the basics of expedition photography, and spend time out on deck enjoying the fresh sea air as you scout for wildlife. In the Science Center, use microscopes to observe the tiniest creatures in samples taken during the voyage. Continue your yoga routine and unwind with guided meditation.
Your expedition ends in Miami’s cocktail of cultures that blends vibes from Latin America, the Caribbean, Asia and Europe. The architecture is also part of the greatest collection of art deco buildings in the world. Extend your trip and visit nearby Everglades National Park where you can spot Florida alligators, egrets, and herons.
Included in your voyage
- Overnight in Panama City including breakfast before the expedition cruise
- Transfer from hotel to the ship in Colón including an excursion to the locks of Miraflores and Gaboa Rainforest resort for a fun adventure
- Expedition cruise in a cabin of your choice
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner including beverages (house beer and wine, sodas, and mineral water) in restaurant Aune
- À la carte restaurant Lindstrømincluded for suite guests
- Complimentary tea and coffee
- Complimentary Wi-Fi on board. Be aware that we sail in remote areas with limited connection. Streaming is not supported.
- Complimentary reusable water bottle to use at water refill stations on board
- English-speaking Expedition Team who organise and accompany activities on board and ashore
- Range of included excursions
- Experts on the Expedition Team deliver in-depth lectures on a variety of topics
- Use of the ship’s Science Centerwhich has an extensive library and advanced biological and geological microscopes
- Citizen Scienceprogramme allows guests to assist with live scientific research
- Professional onboard photographer gives top tips and tricks for the best landscape and wildlife photos
- Use of the ship’s hot tubs, panoramic sauna, indoor gym
- Yoga and meditation sessions with a professional instructor
- Informal gatherings with the crew such as daily recaps and preparation for the day to come
- Escorted landings with small expedition boats
- Loan of boots, trekking poles, and all equipment for activities
- Complimentary wind and water-resistant expedition jacket
- Expedition Photographers help with your camera settings before landings
Not included in your voyage
- International flights
- Travel insurance
- Luggage handling
- Optional shore excursions with our local partners
- Optional small-group activities with our Expedition Team
- All planned activities are subject to weather conditions
- Excursions and activities are subject to change
- No gratuities expected
- Please ensure you meet all visa entry requirements
On this trip, a vaccine against yellow fever is required. The vaccination must be done at least 10 days before departure. Please bring the vaccination certificate on your voyage. For details, please see entry requirements
|Year of refurbishment||2020|
|Passenger capacity||318 (200 in Antarctica)|
|Gross tonnage||11 647 T|
The original Fram was the most famous explorer ship of its time, and the achievements of her expeditions are unparalleled. MS Fram brings on the heritage of the original Fram, using the most advanced technology to make her exceptionally well suited for expedition voyages in Polar Regions.
Some expedition cruises include excursions that can be reserved for no additional charge. These included excursions can often be combined with other excursions available in port.
Please note excursions are subject to change and are not yet available for booking for departures after March 2021.
Providencia - Cultural Show
Providencia - Adventure to the Peak
Providencia – Snorkeling Tour
Providencia - Island Tour
Extend your cruise
Get more out of your journey by adding a Pre- or Post-programme before or after your expedition cruise.