Join us for a Hebridean adventure as we visit some of the most remote, romantic and rugged Scottish islands aboard our expedition ship MS Spitsbergen.
Adventure, at your own pace
Making full use of the ship’s fleet of small expedition boats, you’ll enjoy a truly rewarding and memorable voyage. Opportunities abound for exploring remote islands and wandering lonely beaches at your own pace, all the while being immersed in the wild beauty of the Inner and Outer Hebrides.
Leaving Glasgow, our first island will be Arran, known as a microcosm of Scotland, before heading to Islay, with its nine whisky distilleries. Mystical Iona awaits, before we witness the wildlife of the uninhabited Treshnish Isles. The far-flung UNESCO World Heritage Site of St Kilda, evacuated by humans and returned to the wild, will amaze you.
Turning back east we call at Stornoway to see the unique Harris Tweed being woven, before dropping anchor at the amazing wildlife-rich Shiant Isles. Next, we walk the shores of the dramatic Loch Coruisk, on mountainous Skye, before sailing to the craggy Isle of Eigg and onto colourful Tobermory on the Isle of Mull.
The final leg sees us enjoy the unspoiled beauty of Colonsay before returning to our point of departure, the stylish city of Glasgow. During the voyage, your knowledgeable Expedition Team will help you get the most out of your island-hopping odyssey.
Day 1Greenock (Glasgow), Scotland
‘Dear Green Place’
Day 2Isle of Arran, Scotland
A Microcosm of Scotland
Day 3Islay, Scotland
Land of Scottish Whisky
Day 4Isle of Gigha, Scotland
‘The Good Isle’
Day 5Isle of Iona & Treshnish Isles, Scotland
Pilgrims and Puffins
Day 6St. Kilda, Hirta Island, Scotland
Reclaimed by Nature
Day 7Stornoway and Shiant Isles, Scotland
Capital of the Outer Hebrides
Day 8Loch Scavaig and Isle of Eigg, Scotland
The Beauty of Loch Coruisk
Day 9Sound of Mull, Scotland
The Clash of Clans
Day 10Isle of Colonsay, Scotland
The Birds and the Bees
Day 11Greenock (Glasgow), Scotland
‘Dear Green Place’
Included in your voyage
- Expedition cruise in a cabin of your choice
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner including beverages (house beer and wine, sodas, and mineral water) in restaurant Aune
- Complimentary tea and coffee
- Complimentary Wi-Fi on board. Be aware that we sail in remote areas with very limited connection. Streaming is not supported.
- Complimentary reusable water bottle to use at water refill stations on board
- English-speaking Expedition Team who organise and accompany activities on board and ashore
- Range of included activities
- Experts on the Expedition Team deliver in-depth lectures on a variety of topics
- Use of the ship’s Science Center which has an extensive library and advanced biological and geological microscopes
- Citizen Science programme allows guests to assist with live scientific research
- Professional onboard photographer gives top tips and tricks for the best landscape and wildlife photos
- Use of the ship’s hot tubs, panoramic sauna and indoor gym
- Informal gatherings with the crew such as daily recaps and preparation for the day to come
- Escorted landings with small expedition boats
- Loan of boots, trekking poles, and all equipment for activities
- Complimentary wind and water-resistant expedition jacket
- Expedition Photographers help with your camera settings
Not included in your voyage
- International flights
- Travel insurance
- Luggage handling
- Optional shore excursions with our local partners
- All planned activities are subject to weather and ice conditions
- Excursions and activities are subject to change
- Please make sure you meet all entry and boarding requirements
- No gratuities expected
|Year of refurbishment||2016|
|Shipyard||Estaleiro Navais de Viana do Castelo (POR)|
Our new ship, MS Spitsbergen will take you on a voyage beyond the ordinary.